We are super excited about our Kororoit Creek Poetry Competition! What a wonderful way to get folk thinking about the creek. We have some lovely prizes to give away to the winners of each category – primary, secondary and adult. Poems can be in any style you like. Unleash your inner bard and let the words flow like water!
Our friends and supporters have been very generous in offering prizes, including books or Birdlife Australia subscriptions from Melbourne Water, books and Coles Myer vouchers from Brimbank City Council, environmentally friendly reusable drink bottles, keep cups and other goods from Beautiful Brimbank’s Victorian State Government Litter Hot Spots grant and The Sunshine Business Association will be printing a limited edition book of a selection of the poems. Winning poems will be used in Friends of Kororoit Creek newsletters, website, Facebook Page, other publications and artworks.
Who knows what other prizes might be donated?
Entries should be sent to [email protected] or FOKC, PO BOX 787, Sunshine 3020, by November 15th 2016. The winner will be announced on the Friends of Kororoit Creek Facebook page on December 1st 2016.
Good luck and happy scribbling!
Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter is: Friends of Kororoit Creek. ABN: 34 615 852 093. PO BOX 787 Sunshine 3020
2. Anyone connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be November 15th 2016. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. Entries should be sent with name, contact details and category range to [email protected] or FOKC, PO BOX 787, Sunshine 3020.
6.. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. There are three categories, Primary, Secondary and Adult. One winner will be chosen by an independent adjudicator in each category. The prizes are books, subscriptions, reusable eco-ware and plants. A selection of entries will be turned into a limited edition book, winning entries will receive a free copy of the book.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
12. The winners will be notified by on the Friends of Kororoit Creek Facebook Page on Dec 1st 2016. Also by email or post within 28 days of the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from that winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prizes can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
17. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.