MINUTES OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
HELD TUESDAY 8th October 2013
Harvester Room Hampstead Road Sunshine
Present: Linda Roberts, Tony de Gabriele, Colin and Avis Dunne, Richard Piesse, Renate Haehnsen, Ingrid Duenzl, Gerard Morel, Gordon Simpson
Apologies, Glenda and Peter Kueng, Maureen Edwards, Martha Ragg, Rosemary Armstrong, Charles Nash, Anne Beevers, Karin and Ferdi Saliba;
Meeting opened 7:15 pm.
Reports of Office Bearers:
Reports were delivered including:
- Planting numbers approximately 2000 plants;
- Bus Trip was held in October 2012 was a success
- Membership approximately 43 families and with individuals making a total of approximately 74 members
- Budget is healthy with grant money awaiting spending on current projects
- A general vote of thanks was made to all who have continued to participate in meetings and project works.
- Avis moved a vote of thanks to Linda as president for the past year;
Reports accepted: Moved, Linda; seconded, Richard – Accepted.
Election of Office Bearers:
Historian: Renate Haehnsen nominated – no other nominations – elected;
Treasurer: Linda Roberts nominated – no other nominations – elected;
Vice President: Avis Dunne nominated – no other nominations – elected;
Secretary: Tony de Gabriele nominated – no other nominations – elected;
President: Linda Roberts nominated – no other nominations – elected;
AGM Closed at 7:25 pm.
Normal FOKC Meeting Opened
- SITE REPORTS
- Buckingham Reserve – Clean up around June planting continued with weeds thriving. Last working bee was held previous Saturday for the year.
- Midweek Working Group – Weeding at Beachley Reserve with some planting of grasses going on at other sites. Mulching being discussed to assist with weed control.
- Carter Street – Three boxes of grasses planted on the slope in September. Weeding done recently, with more need. New member, Tracy has assisted.
- Davitt Drive Area – No report.
- Gournay Drive in Cairnlea has been sprayed by contractors, killing some of the planting there. President to write to council and Avis to supply some photos.
- SECRETARY’s REPORT
- Nil to Report
- TREASURER’s REPORT
- Current balance is $7195 which has been allocated to the various projects underway, including Jones Creek planting and Davitt Drive.
- Melbourne Water is working with Orica on improvements on their land;
- Jones Creek
- Second planting successful to put in some of the remaining tubes.
- Weeds may be a problem.
- Elms near the creek edge are to be removed which will create a bank for future planting in this area.
- This area may need watering because this will be its first summer.
- Quote for mulching obtained of $2860. Contractor to be asked to see if this includes weeding;
- No progress. To be parked for now and removed from the agenda.
- MELBOURNE WATER – Gerard Morel
- Jones Creek site could be extended along the creek towards the retirement village;
- Bus trip is being worked on by Friends of Lower Kororoit Creek and Gerard. Plan is for a 9am start in Altona arriving around 9:30am at Sunshine to pick up more people there. Looking to charge $15 to non-members and notices and emails to be sent out.
- Capital projects for 2015:
- Wright street area facing Buckingham Reserve.
- Transpacific frontage on Kororoit Creek.
- Goats – Brimbank has spoken to owner of property where goats are living.
- Caroline Springs resident Daniella Chiaia is organizing activities, but to get a grant needs the assistance of Friends of Kororoit Creek.
- GENERAL BUSINESS;
- Brimbank would like responses to their survey handed out at the meeting.
- Renate has yet to receive her aerial maps – she will call Martha and follow up, but may need further assistance;
- Stage 3 works at Buckingham are going ahead – Linda has an email describing the works.
- Wildflower walks were notified by email;
- Memberships are due and payable.
- Brimbank grants were discussed – 5 little mattocks would be useful for the mid-week group, wide-brimmed floppy hats could also be useful as well as a cart of some sort to help transport tools, plants etc where cars cannot get close. Another water pump could also be considered.
- Meeting held with Regional Rail Link:
- Trees have been removed;
- Thiess have funds to plant trees for offset along the creek;
- $20,000 is going to Melbourne water to do shrubs, ground covers and includes spraying and mulching expected to start May 2014.
- Maps need to be marked and passed on to Mandy of the RRL;
- A platypus was sighted near the RRL works.
MEETING CLOSED approx 8.35pm
Next Meeting – Christmas Meeting Tuesday 10th December
DON’T FORGET OUR WORKING BEES – TURN UP FOR AS LONG OR LITTLE AS YOU LIKE (10.00 – 12.00)
BUCKINGHAM RESERVE WORKING BEES – 1st SATURDAY IN THE MONTH
CARTER ST WORKING BEES – 3rd SATURDAY IN THE MONTH,
MID WEEK MAINTENANCE GROUP – 1st and 3rd THURSDAY of the month (weather permitting)
DAVITT DRIVE WORKING BEES – As required
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR 2014
(All second Tuesdays of the month at 7 pm at the Harvester Meeting Room)
Annual General Meeting
Christmas Dinner Meeting
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR