MINUTES OF MEETING
HELD TUESDAY 12th August 2014
Visy Hub Sunshine
Present: Tony de Gabriele, Linda Roberts, Glenda and Peter Kueng, Gerard Morel, Richard Piesse, Gordon Simpson, Anne Beevers, Colin and Avis Dunne,
Apologies, Renate Haehnsen, Ingrid Duenzl, Rosemary Armstrong, Charles Nash, Karin and Ferdi Saliba;
Meeting opened 7:10 pm.
- PREVIOUS MINUTES
- One correction to previous minutes is to that “Furnay” was meant to be Gurnang.
- SITE REPORTS
- Buckingham Reserve – Plants were put in along the bike path and creek as part of a grant from Theiss.
- Midweek Working Group – Plantings at Gurnang Drive and Carter street were done, with rain following on the next day.
- Carter Street – No Activity.
- Davitt Drive – Awaiting work by Haas
- Jones Creek – Good growth is happening, with two full day planting events resulting in 500 plants being added and mulching of plants done. This was achieved with the assistance of Scouts. Linda to send a thank you email to the Scouts.
- SECRETARY’s REPORT
- Rosemary has requested a clean up near Billingham. A work order has been entered.
- Letter from a Cannon Street resident regarding an issue with soil movement. This has been sent to Brimbank and Melbourne Water.
- Application to develop 79 Wright Street has been made. This site is behind the sporting goods shop and is near the creek;
- Martha and Richard recently visited the Mother of God primary school in Ardeer and spoke to the children and participated in their filming activity.
- TREASURER’s REPORT
- Funds are approximately $14,000 from the various grants;
- The trailer has moved location, but is still on site in storage;
- Melbourne Water planting on Orica side is finished.
- Orica has a grant for planting on the north side of Ballarat Road;
- Nil to Report
- MELBOURNE WATER – Gerard Morel
- Forrest Street. Issues about access have stalled the Regional Rail Link planting.
- Melbourne Water will be speaking with Orica about cleaning up the creek. In this situation with Orica leaving, a comparison could be made with Toyota who are also leaving their site. Toyota will be doing works along the creek and bike path.
- Capital Projects: Clean up of the creek for weeds is being planned so a call out is being made for information about locations and weed types that need to be tackled. Gerard will send a draft email for sending out to interested people.
- GENERAL BUSINESS;
- Potential new venue could be the North Sunshine Tennis Club which has the advantage of being fee. Its in Phoenix Street, not far from a bust stop at the Footscray end of the VUT campus. A letter needs to go to them to see if we can use their venue.
- There is a need to try to get new members so at some stage a membership drive will be needed to generate interest in the community.
- The AGM needs to be moved because of the President’s absence on the original date. The meeting will be moved to the second week of November.
MEETING CLOSED approx 20.05pm
Next Meeting – Annual General Meeting Tuesday 11th November
DON’T FORGET OUR WORKING BEES – TURN UP FOR AS LONG OR LITTLE AS YOU LIKE (10.00 – 12.00)
BUCKINGHAM RESERVE WORKING BEES – 1st SATURDAY IN THE MONTH
CARTER ST WORKING BEES – 3rd SATURDAY IN THE MONTH,
MID WEEK MAINTENANCE GROUP – 1st and 3rd THURSDAY of the month (weather permitting)
DAVITT DRIVE WORKING BEES – As required
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR 2014
(All second Tuesdays of the month at 7 pm now at the Visy Hub)
Christmas Dinner Meeting