MINUTES OF ORDINARY MEETING
HELD TUESDAY 11th JUNE 2013
Harvester Room Hampstead Road Sunshine
Present: Linda Roberts, Colin and Avis Dunne, Renate Haehnsen, Glenda and Peter Kueng, Karin Saliba
Apologies : Maureen Edwards, Gordon Simpson, Ferdi Saliba, Rosemary Armstrong, Charles Nash, Richard Piesse, Ingrid Duenzl, Anne Beevers, Tony degabriele, Gerard Morel
Meeting opened 7:15
- Minutes of Last Meeting
- Acceptance of Minutes – Amendment to previous meeting where Grant received from Melbourne Water should be $7609.80 (and not $3,300). Moved Linda, Seconded Karin – Carried;
- SITE REPORTS
- Buckingham Reserve – Community Planting Day celebrating World Environment Day was held on Sunday 2nd June with 48 attendees throughout the day who planted approximately 325 shrubs and trees. Fantastic effort by all concerned.
- Midweek Working Group – Concentrated on cleaning up previous plantings in Cairnlea area.
- Carter Street – Weeding carried out on 20th April to prepare site for planting in June.
- Davitt Drive Area – Area going well, plantings taking hold. Bikes once again becoming a bigger problem.
- End of Dundalk St – Community planting carried out 18th May, once again good turnout from both FOKC and residents.
- SECRETARY’s REPORT – Nil to Report
- TREASURER’s REPORT
- Current balance is $10,609.54 as at 8.5.2013 which has been allocated to the various projects underway.
- ORICA – Nothing to report at this stage
- Community planting for Kororoit/JonesCreek area will take place on Saturday 27th Weed control has been carried out by Haas & Gray.
- No progress.
- MELBOURNE WATER – Bus Trip – nothing further at this stage.
- MELBOURNE WATER – Goats – waiting on update.
- MELBOURNE WATER – Projects – Gerard an apology this meeting.
- GENERAL BUSINESS;
- Volunteer Week – some members attending the training advising it was very well organized.
- Regional Rail Link – Forrest Street/Kororoit Creek – Martha from Conservation BCC has had a couple of meetings with RRL regarding the re-instatement around Kororoit Creek. Confident of good outcomes although there are some limitations with planning in and around the area.
MEETING CLOSED approx 8.30pm
Next Meeting –
Tuesday 13th August 7.00pm – Harvester Meeting Room
DON’T FORGET OUR WORKING BEES – TURN UP FOR AS LONG OR LITTLE AS YOU LIKE (10.00 – 12.00)
BUCKINGHAM RESERVE WORKING BEES – 1st SATURDAY IN THE MONTH
CARTER ST WORKING BEES – 3rd SATURDAY IN THE MONTH,
MID WEEK MAINTENANCE GROUP – 1st and 3rd THURSDAY of the month (weather permitting)
DAVITT DRIVE WORKING BEES – As required
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR 2013
Tuesdays –13th August, 8th October (AGM)
10th December (Christmas Dinner)
DON’T FORGET OUR HUGE COMMUNITY PLANTING
SATURDAY 27TH JULY JONES CREEK SITE
NEAR RETIREMENT VILLAGE BALLARAT ROAD