MINUTES OF ORDINARY MEETING
HELD TUESDAY 12th February 2013
Harvester Room Hampshire Road Sunshine (Rear of Library)
Present: Rosemary Armstrong, Peter Kueng, Glenda Kueng, Richard Piesse, Martha Ragg, Avis Dunne, Colin Dunne, Renate Haehnsen, Ingrid Duenzl, Gordon Simpson, Linda Robertts, Anne Beevers, Maureen Edwards
Apologies : Ferdi Saliba, Tony degabriele, Charles Nash
Welcome to all and our best wishes extended to Charles and Maureen Nash on recent health issues. Look forward to seeing them return stronger than ever.
- Minutes of Last Meeting
- Acceptance of Minutes – Moved Rosemary, Seconded Avis – Carried;
- SITE REPORTS
- Buckingham Reserve – Nothing to report over summer months
- Midweek Working Group – Cairnlea – guard removal. Need guidance/input from Group on what projects to take on.
- Carter Street – Area around Forrest Street – will be very limited access due to Rail Link works. Damage to signs reported to Rail Authority and will be reinstated. No working bees carried out.
- Davitt Drive Area – Going strong. New water pump fantastic asset for the group and working well. Continued maintenance/replanting re Grant location. A quantity of grasses etc still available from first pricking out exercise. Another pricking out day organized for 14th March, styrene boxes and tubes requested. Rosemary reported the sighting of skites in her garden
- SECRETARY’s REPORT
- Sustainable Living Exp 23/2/2013.
- TREASURER’s REPORT
- Current balance is $5330.46 – of that about $2541.10 remained of the Melbourne Water Grant for Davitt Dr.
Continuing with clean up of site.
Melbourne Water Grant successful for Jones Creek Area.
Nothing further to report, catch up with Melbourne Water required.
- BUS TRIP
- Kororoit Creek Excursion on 27th October extremely successful. Those in attendance had a fabulous time commencing at Petruzzello Estate in Sunbury and finishing at Gray Reserve Road Williamstown. Special thanks to Gerard Morel, Melbourne Water – Chief Planner of the Excursion, Martha Ragg – Chief Cook (Brimbank City Council) and Geoffrey – Driver (Linda’s Brother) who made the excursion extremely enjoyable. Sites included Neil Francis’ property in Diggers Rest, Holden Road Reserve Toolern Vale, Beattys Road Rockbank, Lunch at College St Wetland Caroline Springs, Barnes Road, Altona North, to the mouth of the creek in Gray Reserve Road,
- MEETING VENUE
- Invoice received for Harvester Meeting Room. Venue is a great location. Letter to be written to Council expressing our concern at being charged for the venue.
- FRIENDS CELEBRATION – Friends of the Organ Pipes
- Those who attended on the day expressed their delight of the area and encouraged other members to visit.
Sorry if Minutes bit sketchy or anything left out, hopefully Tony will be back on deck 9th April.
MEETING CLOSED approx 8.25pm
Next Meeting –
Tuesday 9th April 7.10 pm– Harvester Meeting Room
DON’T FORGET OUR WORKING BEES – TURN UP FOR AS LONG OR LITTLE AS YOU LIKE (10.00 – 12.00)
BUCKINGHAM RESERVE WORKING BEES – 1st SATURDAY IN THE MONTH
CARTER ST WORKING BEES – 3rd SATURDAY IN THE MONTH,
MID WEEK MAINTENANCE GROUP – 1st and 3rd THURSDAY of the month (weather permitting)
DAVITT DRIVE WORKING BEES – As required
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR 2013
Tuesdays – 9th April, 11th June, 13th August, 8th October (AGM), 10th December (Christmas Dinner)
FRIENDS OF KOROROIT CREEK COMMUNITY PLANTING DAYS –
Saturday, 18th May Kororoit Creek, end of Dundalk Street, Sunshine (near Beachley Reserve)
Sunday 2nd June Buckingham Reserve, Sunshine West
Saturday 20th July More Park, end of Esmond Street, Ardeer