MINUTES OF ORDINARY MEETING
HELD TUESDAY 12th June 2012
Harvester Room Hampstead Road Sunshine
Present: Linda Roberts, Tony de Gabriele, Colin and Avis Dunne, Richard Piesse, Renate Haehnsen, Maureen Edwards, Glenda and Peter Kueng, Anne Beevers, Ingrid Duenzl;
Apologies Gordon Simpson, Martha Ragg, Gerard Morel, Rosemary Armstrong, Charles Nash, Karin Saliba;
Meeting opened 7:05 pm
- Welcome was made to the all for the second meeting at this new venue.
- Minutes of Last Meeting
- Acceptance of Minutes – Moved Tony, Seconded Richard – Carried;
- SITE REPORTS
- Buckingham Reserve – Saturday 2 June – big day with opening of the playground and community planting day was a success. Meeting with a local resident concerned about the garden area;
- Midweek Working Group – No recent activity because of sickness, but activity since last meeting included planting of shrubs and rubbish collecting;
- Carter Street – No recent work – Beachley Reserve community planting took precedence on the normal day of this activity with a good turnout;
- Davitt Drive Area – Rubbish collection is regularly occurring, but planting activity is lower – infill planting project still to come in this area.
- SECRETARY’s REPORT
- Membership letters along with cheques have been received and passed on to the treasurer;
- Newsletter from Friends of Maribyrnong Valley;
- TREASURER’s REPORT
- Current balance is $6900 with Money from the Melbourne Water grant now deposited and ear-marked for a number of expected invoices.
- Brochure cost of around $1500 to be spent out of balance of money;
- Nothing to Report;
- Karin, Gerard and Maureen met to progress the infill planting project.
- Contractors to do the week control have been selected as Haas and Gray as they provide value and are already working in the area on other sections;
- Quote by Haas and Gray has been emailed and accepted and some of the work has started;
- Public Liability issue has been cleared up, however the volunteers working on the day will need to sign in, similarly to the council process;
- Gerard will produce a flyer for the event;
- Maureen will pursue publicity in the local newspapers;
- Currently looking at putting in something like a thousand plants on the day;
- Contractors will also pre-drill the holes for the plants;
- Watering of the plants can be done from creek water;
- FOKC trailer will be needed – not sure about having a barbeque;
- Continues to provide a means of people to contact the group;
- A work in progress.
- Good value supplier decided – RSEA at Laverton as being under the $80 or higher that some suppliers were asking.
- Decision on size needs to be finalized – some members to go down to RSEA and have a look at suitable sizes.
- Avis will send the results of their findings.
- Final numbers will depend on some calculations of cost against council grant money
- BUS TRIP
- Linda has done some research: Council have a bus that will carry 10 people
- The rates are $64 for 4 hours and $16 per hour after that;
- This is not available on a Saturday;
- More work is needed on this project;
- GENERAL BUSINESS;
- Nothing raised
MEETING CLOSED approx 8.00pm
Next Meeting – 14th August 2012, 7:00 pm
DON’T FORGET OUR WORKING BEES – TURN UP FOR AS LONG OR LITTLE AS YOU LIKE (10.00 – 12.00)
BUCKINGHAM RESERVE WORKING BEES – 1st SATURDAY IN THE MONTH
CARTER ST WORKING BEES – 3rd SATURDAY IN THE MONTH,
MID WEEK MAINTENANCE GROUP – 1st and 3rd THURSDAY of the month (weather permitting)
DAVITT DRIVE WORKING BEES – As required
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR 2012
Annual General Meeting
Christmas Dinner Meeting