MINUTES OF ORDINARY MEETING
HELD TUESDAY 13th AUGUST 2013
Harvester Room Hampshire Road Sunshine
Present: Linda Roberts, Colin and Avis Dunne, Renate Haehnsen, Karin Saliba, Richard Piesse, Anne Beevers, Gordon Simpson, Gerard Morel, Ingrid Duenzl
Apologies : Ferdi Saliba, Rosemary & Wayne Armstrong, Charles Nash, Tony degabriele, Glenda and Peter Kueng
Meeting opened 7:15
- Minutes of Last Meeting
- Acceptance of Minutes –Moved Avis, Seconded Karin – Carried;
- SITE REPORTS
- Buckingham Reserve – Tony not in attendance for full report. 2 boxes of grasses planted early August.
- Midweek Working Group – Some planting done end of Dundalk Street
- Carter Street – Plants received from Brimbank put in the ground during June. Not much else done at Carter with focus on Jones/Kororoit Creek Planting.
- Davitt Drive Area – Area going well, plantings taking hold and wild flower garden flourishing.
- Esmond Street – Planting carried out with Brimbank City Council during July.
- Jones Creek/Kororoit Creek Melbourne Water Grant – 340 of the 800 plants in the ground during July. Good volunteer turn out. 2nd lot of planting to be carried out early August. Quotes for mulching to be obtained from Haas & Gray.
- SECRETARY’s REPORT – Nil to Report
- TREASURER’s REPORT
- Current balance is $10500.37 as at 1.8.2013 of which $1520.47 is for General use with remainder been allocated to the various projects underway.
- ORICA – Gerard reported that Orica has received a $300,000 grant from Melourne Water with 1000 – 2000 plants for the North side of Ballarat Rd. Weed control to be carried out.
- GRANTS – Jones Creek/Kororoit Creek mentioned above.
- No progress.
- MELBOURNE WATER – GERARD
- Bus Trip – Tentative date of Saturday 26th (This has since become not an option – stay tuned.
- Goats – Gerard reported goats had been rounded up and hopefully all gone.
- Group of Residents the Grange Caroline Springs – Gerard had been contacted by residents to get something going in the area. Planting to take place on 7th September with Karin and Ferdi taking the FOKC trailer down to help out.
- Somerville Road area, east side of creek. Gerard has been involved in discussions with Trans Pacific and City Circle Concrete re condition of land parallel to Kororoit Creek.
- Regional Rail Link – Gerard has a meeting with Mandy on Thursday.
- GENERAL BUSINESS;
- Volunteer Week – some members attending the training advising it was very well organized.
- Regional Rail Link – Forrest Street/Kororoit Creek – Martha from Conservation BCC has had a couple of meetings with RRL regarding the re-instatement around Kororoit Creek. Confident of good outcomes although there are some limitations with planning in and around the area.
MEETING CLOSED approx 8.30pm
Next Meeting –
Tuesday 8th OCTOBER 7.00pm – Harvester Meeting Room
THIS MEETING IS ALSO FOKC
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
DON’T FORGET OUR WORKING BEES – TURN UP FOR AS LONG OR LITTLE AS YOU LIKE (10.00 – 12.00)
BUCKINGHAM RESERVE WORKING BEES – 1st SATURDAY IN THE MONTH
CARTER ST WORKING BEES – 3rd SATURDAY IN THE MONTH,
MID WEEK MAINTENANCE GROUP – 1st and 3rd THURSDAY of the month (weather permitting)
DAVITT DRIVE WORKING BEES – As required
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR 2013
Tuesdays – 8th October (AGM)
10th December (Christmas Dinner)