MINUTES OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
North Sunshine Tennis Club
President Linda Roberts
Secretary: Tony de Gabriele
Treasurer: Linda Roberts
Present: Linda Roberts, Gerard Morel, Ashley Renaut, Peter and Glenda Kueng. Jodie Williams, Anne Beevers, Avis and Colin Dunne, Renate Haehnsen, Ferdi and Karin Saliba, Tony de Gabriele, Katherine Thirkell (visitor)
Apologies, Gordon Simpson, Louise Nicholas, Dominique Wisniewski, Ingrid Duenzl, Jessica Gerger, Richard Piesse, Rosemary and Wayne Armstrong
Meeting opened 7:05 pm.
- A quick introduction and welcome was conducted by President Linda Roberts.
- Election of Office Bearers
The election of position holders took place with the outcomes as:
- President – Jessica – nominated Gerard, Seconded Tony – Elected;
- Vice President – Gerard – nominated Linda, Seconded Tony – Elected;
- Treasurer – Linda – nominated Tony; Seconded Gerard – Elected;
- Secretary – Louise – nominated Gerard; Seconded Tony – Elected;
- Logistics Manager – Ashley – nominated Gerard, Seconded Tony – Elected
Historian – Discussion around this centred on where records were kept and the move to electronic. Renate continues to scan newspapers and other sources for items relating to the Friends Group;
Webmaster – Discussion on this centred on the management of the web page including the need for stories of activities, photos and facts and figures about working effort. The potential exists for unrecorded stories about past events to be written up and put on the webpage. No webmaster nominated and this position remains open for future discussion;
- Presidents Report – to be circulated later;
- Treasurer’s Report – $11,493.78 as at 30 June 2015; currently $9,000. This money will go to maintaining our plantings with watering by contractors during the summer months.
- General Business
Media and marketing:
- a newsletter, including photos with the minutes for distribution to those without computers
- approaching the tourist centre at Federation Square to have pamphlets and information about Kororoit Creek and picnic facilities made available there;
- Melbourne Water to be recognized as our major sponsor;
- Linda will confer with the bank regarding electronic payments, signatory change over and other related matters;
- Purchase of an auger for the group would help continue productivity of plantings. Estimated cost approximately $1000. This is cheaper than hiring over all. To be taken up by the new office bearers.
- New members are encouraged to consider registering as community volunteers with Brimbank. The annual Christmas volunteers dinner is scheduled for Thursday 3 December
FOKC Christmas Meeting
- The annual Christmas dinner will be conducted at the Derrimut Hotel as in past years because this has always been convenient and well-attended. Date will be Tuesday 8 December.
Short Film Festival
- There was a reminder that on Friday 30 October is the Sunshine Short Film Festival at Village Sunshine Cinemas. The opening film is one put together by Jessica and her husband Andrew Robb. There will also be a welcome table at the cinema with information about the Friends of Kororoit Creek and Beautiful Brimbank.
Volunteer of the Year – Environment Group
- Jodie raised the issue of nominating the group and Linda for Brimbank awards. Jodie will email with request for assistance in preparing the submission.
MEETING CLOSED 8:20 pm
Next Meeting – Dinner Meeting Tuesday December 8